STUDENT ID CARDS
All students (studying for more than 3 weeks) will be entitled to a OPSA/OP Student Identification Card which you will have already be charged for in your fees.
You need to visit or contact the OPSA Office (upstairs in the Manaaki Building on Harbour Tce) to
What do I need to get my ID?
• Processing will be quicker if you bring your Polytechnic
Tax Invoice, or at least your OP student number.
• First time OP students should also bring photo identification (ie driver’s
• Note: If you can't make it during office hours, please contact OPSA's Technical Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org) to arrange after-hours processing.
• Students studying at campuses outside Dunedin will have your ID photographs
taken which will be processed in Dunedin.
• Students studying by correspondence and living outside Dunedin should send the following details to the Secretary (email@example.com) or the Technical Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org).
And OPSA will process your ID Card and post it out to you:
1) your full name & date of birth,
2) your course,
3) a digital passport style photo, &
4) the non-Dunedin postal address you would like the card to be posted to.
Students who don't pay the OP's student services fee will be issued with a Student Access Card, which will be your library and door access card.
Students who are charged OP's student services fee will be issued with a Student Services Card, which will be your access to:
• Robertson Library (will need to be activated at
• Door access to computer suites
• Printing & photocopy credit
• Student Health & Counselling
• OPSA services and facilities, including:
• UNIPOL Gym & Sports Centre Anzac Avenue
• OUSA Recreation Centre (Clubs & Societies Centre), Albany Street
• Advocacy and Help
• Office services & student prices (cheap rubbish bags, phone cards, etc)
• Student Discounts throughout the country
• Student Job Search
• ISIC student travel card applications
• and more...
• Photocopying credit can be loaded on to your card at
• Printing credit loaded at the IT desk upstairs in the Manaaki Bldg, or Customer Services in F-Block
• Students studying off the Dunedin campus are not be
charged for portions of services that they can not access (eg Student Health,
• ID cards remain the property
of OPSA, who reserve the right to confiscate ID cards in the
event of misuse